Getting braces is a great option for people who suffer from teeth misalignment and other related flaws. Braces are designed to straighten the teeth which enhances the aesthetic properties of the facial area, adding flair to one's appearance. Orthodontic treatment is the best bet for individuals with irregular, misaligned, and crooked teeth. Braces are available for individuals who need them. If you suffer from crooked teeth, you have a wide array to choose from; it all depends on your taste, preference, and budget.
At Ridgeview Dental, we offer the very best braces near Centennial, CO - and beyond! Our expert Centennial dentists offer a range of orthodontic treatment options, from traditional metal braces to SureSmile® clear orthodontic aligners. Call us today to start your journey to a straighter, more confident smile!
Metal braces are also known as traditional braces. This form of braces possesses two basic components: metal brackets and a flexible metal wire. The metal brackets are applied directly to the teeth while the metal wire is carefully threaded alongside the brackets which in turn helps to apply the ideal pressure required to align the teeth.
Typically, they are the least expensive choice, when compared to other braces systems. Even better, people have the freedom to personalize their metal braces in terms of colors and designs. Recently, metal braces have adopted a more comfortable, sophisticated design that is smaller and less invasive.
Ceramic braces are a close alternative and substitute for traditional braces. These specialized braces use a ceramic material instead of brackets, which are the main component of traditional braces. The ceramic material carries a uniform color and similar texture to that of teeth, designed to resemble a natural smile. The orthodontic treatment works similarly to the mechanisms in traditional braces. The greatest advantage of selecting ceramic braces is that they are less noticeable than traditional braces, though they are typically more expensive.
Advantages of Ceramic Braces
- Comfort. Ceramic braces are much more comfortable compared to metal braces. There is less irritation on the gums and cheek and fewer cases of inflammation.
- Discreet. They are also less visible since the components mimic the natural color of the teeth. The braces are clear and blend with a patient's teeth.
- Durability. People don't have to worry about getting less durable braces when they pick ceramic braces. They guarantee you longevity with proper maintenance and they'll facilitate proper alignment.
Cons of Ceramic Braces
- Cost. Ceramic braces cost more when compared to traditional braces.
- Gum sensitivity. The brackets are larger and they may hinder proper cleaning routines, which could lead to receding and swollen gums.
- Less durable than traditional braces. They tend to break more easily, and the process of glue removal could damage the enamel.
Lingual braces function similarly to metal braces but require a special placement technique. Lingual braces are fitted on the inside of the bite, which means they are never visible when the patient smiles. That said, they do have a number of disadvantages that make them the least favorite choice for many patients. They are difficult to clean and maintain unless you make frequent visits to your orthodontist.
Advantages of Lingual Braces
- Effectively solve most bite issues.
- Completely discreet.
- Customized to fit the desires, tastes, and preferences of the patient.
Disadvantages of Lingual Braces
- They are more expensive when compared to other close alternatives.
- Once placed, they cause some level of discomfort which can be an issue for some people.
- They have the potential of causing temporary lisping.
- They are less effective when compared to conventional braces.
Self-ligating braces utilize the wire and bracket system. This form of braces utilizes brackets that have doors or clips that tightly hold on the wire. The system replaces the rubber band tie system. The enhancements hold fewer food particles and are less painful compared to other forms of braces. There are both ceramic and metal versions and the choice depends on the patient's taste. They reduce visits to the orthodontist since they require less maintenance.
Advantages of Self-Ligating Clear Braces
- They have components that reduce friction which keeps the enamel in top shape.
- Fewer components and add-ons ensure that your teeth don't suffer from plaque buildup.
- Distribute the pressure evenly which reduces discomfort and pain.
- Work effectively and guarantee results since they shorten typical orthodontic treatment timelines.
Disadvantages of Self-Ligating Clear Braces
- Typically more costly than traditional braces.
- During the adjustment procedure, some patients may feel a little irritation and at times cause mouth sores due to friction.
- The braces are not completely invisible since the metal arch-wires are still visible.
SureSmile is one of the best clear aligners systems on the market today. They are not ideal for everybody but they provide a number of benefits to people who need quick results. The teeth and aligners are easy to clean since they can easily be detached and removed from the mouth. They are also comfortable to wear and appear nearly invisible when worn!
Advantages of SureSmile
More and more patients are choosing SureSmile for their orthodontic treatment because the aligners are comfortable to wear since they don't have brackets or wires. You'll never have to worry about cuts or painful nicks in your mouth. They don't irritate since they mimic the design of mouth guards. They are also aesthetically appealing since they are invisible and lack noticeable components.
Furthermore, the aligners are easy to dismantle and remove when you want to brush, eat, or floss your teeth. The system is designed to promote better oral hygiene and drastically lowers the risk of getting gum diseases to which some patients are susceptible during traditional braces treatment.
Cons of SureSmile
Fitting a new set of aligners can cause pain and discomfort for some. The pressure experienced helps to adjust the teeth to the intended position, but it's not always a comfortable experience. At times, you might be prompted to use pain relievers to help subside the pain. SureSmile aligners can cause inconvenience to some patients. In cases where people go to parties or go on dates and it's time for a meal, they may feel embarrassed to remove them in front of their guests.
Schedule Your Orthodontic Consultation With Ridgeview Dental
Choose the dental office Centennial knows and trusts! Call us today to schedule an orthodontic consultation for you or your child.
Se habla Español!